Engine 64 was organized on April 1, 1925 at Rising Sun Avenue and Benner Street. This firehouse is truly a single engine station. There is no space to place any other apparatus into its single bay. A lieutenant formerly assigned to Engine 64 received a call from headquarters one day asking if there was enough space on the apparatus floor for a medic unit to be assigned to the
station. His reply was the only way a medic unit could be stationed at Engine 64 was if they assigned them a bicycle. Engine 64 continues to operate from this station.
The Philadelphia Fire Department Engine 64 Patch is available in our store.