Engine 58 was organized in 1916 at Byberry and Worthington Roads in the far northeast section of the city. The company was assigned a 1916 Ahrens-Fox 900 GPM pumper and a 1915 Ahrens-Fox hose and chemical wagon. The hose and chemical wagon were reassigned to Engine 59 in 1917. Throughout the 102 year history of Engine 58, the company has only been assigned fourteen pieces of apparatus. Of those fourteen, only five were assigned to them as brand new.

On March 18, 1986 Engine 58 moved to a new station at 812 Hendrix Street. The company continues to operate at that location.